Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Life as a Mommy



So, of course, I'm behind on blogging so I'll do a quick update on what's been going on. Jacob had a few ups and downs in the NICU after my last post. The only 'downs' were formula issues. It seemed that every time the doctors tried to increase the calories in his formula, he stopped wanting to eat and was so very uncomfortable and eventually would spew all of the formula back out. This was so rough for mommy to watch...to see him so uncomfortable and not being able to do anything about it. Then when he starting throwing up and it came out of his nose...that was the absolute worst. Luckily after about five days of messing with the formula, they decided to leave him alone, and what do you know, he did great! They added some extra calories by putting a small amount of veggie oil in his milk for a couple days and he plumped right up. So much that they decided to send us home last Thursday(4/29).


We are so glad to have our little stinker home! He has been nothing but a joy to take care of! I know I'm still in the 'honeymoon' phase but honestly I haven't been overwhelmingly tired yet. I think that I've waited so long to be a mommy, I'm savoring it all while I can. I know this phase of life will be over so quickly, so I'm enjoying it while I can.

In general, Jacob is such a good natured baby. We have to wake him up every three hours to eat. When he's not eating he sleeps most of the time and has a couple hours in the evening when he is awake and alert. The only time he really cries is during diaper changes and when he is naked and cold. But that's totally understandable! When it's time for bath, he screams and cries while he's getting undressed but as soon as he's submerged in the water he freezes! It is hilarious, it's almost instantanious, he falls asleep and doesn't move during the whole bath(until it's time to get out and he gets cold again)! Such a funny little guy!



So that's what's going on around here...boring parenthood. But I'm so blessed to be able to experience this and I'm loving every minute of it! My mom gets into town tomorrow to meet Jacob and help out a little. Hopefully I can get caught up on all of my to-dos. I have about 5 lists going in various rooms around the house...


P.S. Sorry for the random placement of pictures, I got tired of messing with them, trying to get it perfect. Plus, it's time for Jacob to eat....that's way more important anyway! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment