Then Ben and I decided to buy new living room and dining room furniture with the tax rebate we will get for being first time home buyers. So, instead of moving all our old furniture over and then buying new and trying to find a place for our old furniture. We decided to buy the new stuff and have it delivered the week we close/move. And our old stuff is going to some guys from church who are moving into a rent hosue together. I didn't realize how stressful and time consuming furniture shopping is. Of course, Ben and I like to be difficult. I wanted a more traditional/contemporary microfiber and I liked olive green or chocolate. Ben however liked more of a grandma looking leather type sofa. So we compromised and got leather...because I'm a good wife. Hopefully it looks ok. After its delivered we have 7 days to return it with no questions asked if we don't like it, it doesn't fit or if it doesn't match. So...we'll see. I had some serious regrets after we bought it but I'm hoping I was just stressed and over analyzing things. Amazingly though we agreed on our dining table and chairs. Its beautiful. I'm so very excited about it. And...yes Ben got his flatscreen LCD tv. No arguements from me on that one because, I don't really care if we have a tv at all...but if it makes him happy, whatever. = )
So inbetween all that chaos I've been trying to get all our crap packed in boxes or piled in the corner to donate to goodwill or the dumpster in the alley. Oh and I started my new job. I love it. Everyone is so nice and helpful. And it seems like I'll get lots of training before getting a full caselod which is good. And everyone really works as a team to help the families and babies. I'm really excited I was able to snag this job. It almost seems too good to be true! And its so flexible, that will be really nice once we have kiddos.
So closing date is next Wednesday...hopefully everything goes smoothly and we will begin moving stuff that evening! We are so ready, after all this drama and craziness...we are SO ready to finally be living in OUR OWN house!! I'll post pictures next week of the house and the obligatory posed picture infront of the SOLD sign. = ) Can't wait.


Congrats on the house!
ReplyDelete